Kahootz has a variety of shortcuts that are additional keyboard controls for people who have difficulty in using a mouse or other pointer device.
The following shortcuts are available on this site, following the UK Government standard assignments:
- S - Skip navigation
- 1 - Site home page
- 2 - What's New in this workspace (when viewing a workspace page)
- 4 - Search for workspaces
- 6 - Help
- 8 - Terms and Conditions, includes disclaimer and copyright statement
- 9 - Feedback
- 0 - Accessibility Information
We also support the following access keys specific to this site:
- m - Workspace home page
- c - Skip to the Actions menu for this page (when present)
- n - Create a new item in the current view (eg. item in a folder, row in a database, event in a calendar)
- l - Quick access to the workspace search box, when shown on a page
- f - Skip to the Search / Find form for this particular page (when present)
- o - Your user homepage
- x - Logout
At the time of writing the following browsers support access keys:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows: hold down the ALT key and press the access key, then press Enter/Return (eg: Alt+S Return).
- Google Chrome, Firefox for Windows: hold down the ALT key and press the access key (eg: Alt+S) or hold down both Shift and the ALT key and press the access key (eg: Shift+Alt+S).
- Opera: Hold down the Shift key and press the Esc key to see a list of the available access keys. (eg. Shift+ESC)
- Safari for Windows: hold down the ALT key and press the access key (eg: Alt+S).
- Macintosh: hold down the Control key and press the access key (eg: Ctrl+S).
On form pages that use the Rich Text HTML editor press Alt+0 whilst the caret (text cursor) is inside the editor to show instructions on how to navigate the editor using the keyboard and a screen reader.