You can view a Kahootz workspace calendar in the Android calendar application as follows:
You'll need an app on your Android device that can read webcam feeds - this is not natively supported. These instructions reference iCalSync2 (See on Google Play Store), but other apps may be available.
To find the Kahootz calendar URL:
- Login to your Kahootz site and browse to the calendar in question.
- Click Calendar Settings - the cogwheel icon next to the week/month tabs.
- Right click on Add the current calendar to a desktop or web calendar link, and choose 'copy link URL' (or equivalent in your browser).
- Paste this link somewhere you can read it for typing onto the phone in step 7 below.
(Or you could email the link to your phone, and then copy/paste it on Android later)
Then on your Android device:
- Install iCalSync2 from the Google Play store.
- Then open Settings and scroll to the Accounts section.
- Click Add Account.
- Choose iCalSync2.
- Set your calendar's Name and Colour as you wish.
- Choose URL as the source.
- Enter your Kahootz calendar URL, as worked out in the first steps above.
- iCalSync includes other options you can set to your own preference. We recommend not updating more than every 6 hours, and the Kahootz feed will not include event alarms.
The calendar should appear as an additional calendar in the Calendar app. You may need to double check which calendars are being displayed if you can't see your Kahootz events.
Whilst you're there, why not bookmark your Kahootz site on your tablet or phone, and add that bookmark to your home screen - Kahootz works happily on mobile devices!
So we can securely check that only you can access your calendar, this process creates a personal "integration token" as part of the URL that uniquely identifies you in the same way your username and password do. Each user on Kahootz gets one integration token that is used in all the calendar integrations.
Your token does NOT change when you update your password or change your email address. However, if you think someone else has got access to your token, or a device/computer that uses the token to access your calendar is lost or stolen you can reset your token which will block the old token. To do that, click on Account > Profile, then the Integrations tab, where you’ll find a Reset button. After resetting you’ll need to remove the old re-establish access to the calendar on any devices you do still want to use by removing the old link and set a new one using the above process.