3rd party: We cannot be held responsible for any changes made by third party websites. Therefore, this guidance may differ from the point this article was created. If you find the steps below cannot be followed, please contact our support team as they'll be able to assist you and update the article if required.
In order to add additional protection from spam, it's possible to enable Google reCAPTCHA to your Kahootz site.
Kahootz Tip: Kahootz already has a number of security measures in place to combat spam and abuse.
In order to add the reCaptcha function to your site, you first need to create a Google account.
Kahootz Tip: This functionality is only available to 'Enterprise' clients.
What is reCAPTCHA?
reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse.
reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
How to enable reCAPTCHA on your Kahootz site
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha and click "Admin Console" in the top right corner.
- It should automatically show the "Register a New Site" page but if not, click the "+ button" that advises "Create."
- Provide a "Label/Name."
- Select "reCaptcha v2" followed by "Invisible reCaptcha Badge."
- Enter your Kahootz site domain, including the www. (e.g www.support.kahootz.com)
- Accept the "Terms of Service" checkbox.
- You can add owners and enable alerts if required.
- Click "Submit."
- You'll now be presented with your "Site and Secret" keys, which can be applied to your site.
- Contact Kahootz Support and provide them with your "Site" and "Secret" keys so they can apply reCAPTCHA to your site.