3rd Party: This guidance may differ from the point this article was created, therefore, we cannot be held responible for any changes on their website.
If you find the steps below cannot be followed, please contact our support team as they'll be able to assist you and update the article if required.
It's possible to enable Google reCAPTCHA on your Kahootz site, in order to add additional protection from spam.
Note: Kahootz already has a number of security measures in place to combat spam and abuse.
However, in order to add the reCaptcha function to your site, you first need to create an account.
Kahootz Tip: This functionality is only available to 'Enterprise' clients.
What is reCAPTCHA?
reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse.
reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
The reCAPTCHA advantage
Website state of the art spam & abuse protection
Ease of Use
Low friction, effortless interaction for your users
Creation of Value
Apply the human bandwidth to benefit people everywhere
How to enable reCAPTCHA on your Kahootz site
- Please go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha and click "Admin Console" in the top right corner.
- It should automatically show the "Register a New Site" page but if not, click "+ button" that advises - "Create."
- Provide a "Label/Name."
- Select "reCaptcha v2" followed by "Invisible reCaptcha Badge."
- Enter your Kahootz site domain, including the www. (Site hosted by Kahootz aka INOVEM)
- Accept the "Terms of Service" checkbox.
- You can add owners and enable alerts to owners if required.
- Click "Submit."
- You'll now be presented with your "Site and Secret" keys, which can be applied to your site.
- Contact Kahootz Support and provide them with your "Site and Secret" keys so they can apply the reCAPTCHA to your site.