When you create your forum you can set a variety of permissions. The available permissions are:
- View Discussions - who can see the forum and the messages in it.
- Modify Forum - who can modify the settings of the forum itself (modifying messages is a separate control below).
- Start Discussions - who can start a brand new discussion thread.
- Reply to Discussions - who can reply to a discussion message.
- Modify Messages - who can edit the messages once they are posted.
To modify the permissions on an existing forum:
- Click on the forum.
- In the Actions Menu, choose Modify Properties and Permissions.
- Open the Permissions section.