- Go to the folder you want your survey to appear.
- Under the Actions Menu, click Create a new item.
- Choose to add a Survey.
- Add a name and description for your survey.
- Decide how responses are made, Who can answer? How many times can people answer? How are answers saved? Send a 'thank you' email?
- Formatting - show progress information through a progress bar, percentage complete or pages complete.
- For more information on the Responding, Permissions and Results sections, see setting permissions on surveys.
- Click Save to create your survey.
- Add your questions, using our selection of different question types - click the link for more information.
- As well as questions, you can also add text/images or page breaks which can be placed at any point amongst the questions.
- When you've picked a question type, you'll be asked to enter a question number and the question itself.
- Depending on the question type, different options will be shown on the Add Question page.
- Click Save to add this question. You can then repeat the process to add the next question and so on.
You can also copy questions (individually or in sets) from other surveys you can access - see the Actions Menu for Copy questions from another survey.Re-order your questions by clicking on Re-order the questions found under Actions.
- Preview your survey to make sure it looks how you want it to. Click on Preview, found in the Actions Menu.
- You can check the layout and paging of your questions and also how any progress bars appear.
- If you need to make any changes you can modify individual questions and re-order existing questions.
When you've added in all your questions, previewed how it looks and are ready to get your responses, you'll need to Open the survey.
- Don't forget to preview your survey before opening it, click on Preview in the Actions Menu.
- Under the Actions Menu click on Open the Survey.
- You can pick an automatic close date if suitable, or leave that blank to keep the survey open forever (or until manually closed).
- Notify your workspace members about the survey if applicable - that's often a good way to let them know they need to respond.
Once a survey has been closed no further responses can be submitted but you can modify the questions then re-open it.
Re-opening the survey:
If you need to re-open the survey:
- Go to the survey that you want to re-open.
- Click Manage this Survey.
- Click Open this Survey.
- You can choose whether or not you want to delete any previous responses.
- Click Open the Survey.
To duplicate a survey:
- Create a new survey.
- On the Add an item to a survey page, under Actions is a Copy questions from another survey link, click on it.
- Choose which workspace contains the survey you want to copy.
- You'll then see a simple list of all the surveys in that workspace - select the one you want to copy.
- Tick the questions you want to copy. If you want to copy all of them, you can select all by using the tick box in the title row.
- You can repeat this process to pick questions from different surveys - you're not limited to just one.
- After copying, you can modify and re-order the questions if you need to - everything you can normally do in a survey.
When you are happy with your questions, click Open this Survey, under Actions.