Two-step verification (also known as Two-Factor Authentication) helps protect you and your data by making it more difficult for someone else to log in to your Kahootz account.
It uses two different forms of identity: your password (something you know), and a security code from your phone (something you have). This helps keep your account secure because even if someone else finds your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your phone.
Enabling Two-Step Verification on your Kahootz site
Note: You must be a Site Owner in order to enable two-step verification on your Kahootz site.
- Click “Account" and then "Site Admin” from the dropdown.
- Tick the checkbox: “Enable two-step verification to improve security on your Kahootz site."
- You can also tick the “Trusted Devices” checkbox if you want to allow users to skip the verification process when using devices they use regularly.
- Click "Save."
Your Kahootz site will now have additional two-step security added.
The next time you or one of your users log into Kahootz, they’ll need to go through a simple setup process.
- Click “Let's Get Started.”
- Enter security questions and answers, then click "Next."
- You will now be advised to download an authenticator app to your device. This article will take you through the process.
- Point and snapshot the QR code. A security code will then appear on your device.
- Enter the code and click “Check."
- Press "Continue" which will log you into your Kahootz site.
You’ve now finished the Two-Step verification process and gained access to your account.
Note: Remember to make a note of your recovery codes in case you can't access the authenticator app.
If you don’t have access to your authenticator app or the recovery codes at the time of logging into your account, you’ll need to contact the Kahootz support team so they can issue you a single-use recovery code. This will only work once and you'll have to re-generate new recovery codes once logged in.
Changing Password and Security details
From time to time, you may need to change or amend your security details.
To do this:
- Click “Account > Password & Security”
- Click on the "Password", "Devices," "Recovery Codes" or "Security Questions" tab to update them.
- Once you've changed the details, click "Save."