This article may also be useful to read prior to setting up Two-Step verification.
1. You must be a Site Owner in order to enable Two-Step Verification on your Site.
Note: Two-Step verification will be applied to all users on your site when they login.
Click “Account > Site Admin” as shown below in the screenshot.
2. This will display the screenshot below.
Simply tick the checkbox “Enable two-step verification to improve security on your Kahootz site".
If you want, you can also apply the “Trusted Devices” checkbox by putting a tick in the box underneath.
Click Save and your site will now have additional two-step security added.
Note: You can always change your site's Two-Step Verification settings at any time by going to Account > Site Admin > Settings.
3. Now when yourself or any other users try to log in for the first time, you’ll get presented with the screenshot below.
Simply click “Let's Get Started” which will then guide you through the process of setting up Two-Step verification.
4. The first part is to enter some security questions as shown below…
Once you’ve filled out the security questions, click Next >>.
5. It will now advise that you require an authenticator app of which you can review the link provided.
Basically, you’ll now be required to download either the Microsoft or Google authenticator app.
Start the app via your device and click “add account” which will ask for permissions to access the camera.
Point and snapshot the QR code on the screen below which will then display a security code for you via the device.
6. Enter the code and click the “check” button.
7. You’ve now finished the Two-Step verification process and gained access to your account.
8. Remember to make a note of your recovery codes in case you don’t have access to the authenticator app.
Note: If you don’t have access to your authenticator app nor the recovery codes at the time of logging into your account, you’ll need to get in contact with the Kahootz support team for them to issue a single-use recover code which will only work once and you'll have to re-generate new recovery codes.
Press continue which will now log you into your Kahootz site.
9. From time to time, you may need to change or amend any of your security details.
Simply click “Account > Password & Security” as shown in the screenshot below.
This will then display the following screen:
As shown above, click on either the Password, Devices, Recovery Codes or Security Questions tabs in order to change any details.
Once you've changed the details, please remember to click save.