If you no longer need to use or can't access your verified device for two-step verification.
You'll need to update your security devices within your Kahootz account profile.
To do this:
1. Log into your account.
Kahootz Tip: Lost or can't access your phone? You will need to contact Kahootz Support.
2. Click on your "Name" at the top right corner of the page to open your Account menu.
3. Select "Password & Security" from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the "Security Devices" tab; it will appear on this page if you already have an existing device registered.
Kahootz Tip: If you’ve lost or changed your device, delete it from the list above before proceeding.
If you've removed or don’t have any existing devices registered, your page will look like this:
5. Click "Add a New Security Device" to set up a new device.
6. Enter your "Current Password," add a "Device Name" and click "Next"
7. Open the Authenticator App on your new device and click "Add account."
Kahootz Tip:To learn how to install an Authenticator App on your device, please click here.
Depending on the Authenticator App being used... will depend on the next instructions you need to follow.
Microsoft - Select "Other Accounts" from the list, which will ask for access to your camera (we recommend you select yes.)
Google - Select "Scan a QR code" from the list, and refer to the following steps below.
8. Scan the QR code shown on the screen within your Kahootz account profile.
(You cannot scan the QR code shown below, it’s ONLY for illustration purposes)
9. Your account will now be added to the Authenticator App, displaying a security code.
10. Enter this code into your Kahootz account profile and click "Check."
11. Your new device will appear on your "Security Devices" list.
Next time you log into Kahootz, you'll be asked to enter a security code from the new Authenticator App you've set up.
You can also generate and use Recovery Codes to gain access to your account when your Authenticator Device is not available to use.
Please refer to our How-To Use/Generate Recovery Codes for Two-Step Verification KB article for full details.
What if my codes generated next don't work?
The authenticator app generates a security code based on the current time, so the device that the app is running on (e.g. your mobile phone) and our Kahootz servers have to be roughly in agreement about what time it is for the process to work.
The generated code is valid for about 60 seconds (to allow for clock skew), but if your device’s clock is out by more than that then the security code it generates will not be valid on the Kahootz servers.
On the device you're using to generate the codes, go to https://time.is/ to check & confirm your clock is within 60 seconds.
- If it's not, please adjust your device's clock, so it's within the timeframe.
Kahootz Tip: If you have any issues or questions around two-factor, you’ll need to contact Kahootz Support.