When multiple people are updating an Excel spreadsheet, it can be difficult to keep track of the most up-to-date version.
To overcome this issue, you can import data from your spreadsheet into a Kahootz database.
This ensures users are always viewing and updating the latest data.
Importing your Excel spreadsheet into a Kahootz Database
- Create a Database within Kahootz by clicking "Create a new item" and selecting "Database"
- Give it a name and then scroll down to the "Columns" section.
- Add the column names from Row 1 of your Excel spreadsheet, (see example below.)
The Kahootz column names must match the first row from your Excel Spreadsheet or the import will fail.
Shown above is the Execl Spreadsheet and shown below is the Database Columns matching the first row.
4. Click "Save" and select "Import Entries" from the list.
You can then drag & drop or upload the Excel file from your device.
5. Once you're happy, click "Upload."
6. Click "Perform Updates" to import all entries into the Database.
If the import fails, make sure the column names match the first row.
If you continue to have issues importing your Excel Spreadsheet, the column types could also be causing the problem.
Contact the Kahootz support team if you require assistance as they'll review the data and advise accordingly.