Like many social networks, you can 'mention' people in comments, discussions, surveys etc. to easily bring them into your conversation.
This makes them aware of something that may affect them but also gives guidance on a particular topic or project.
To mention a user in a comment:
- When commenting on an item, or replying to a discussion in a forum, you see a special version of the rich text editor
- You can either type "@" or click the @mention icon shown below, a drop-down list of all workspace members will appear.
- Either scroll and click on the person's name or keep typing to narrow down the names in the list before picking.
- To mention several people in one message, just click the button again.
- Continue typing the rest of your message, and when finished click the Add Comment or Add Reply button.
Any users that are mentioned will receive a special notification telling them, and they'll be subscribed to changes on that item/discussion thread.
(notifications may also come out via email depending on their preferences. (See ‘How Notifications Work’)