Kahootz includes powerful features to help automate and monitor the common needs to get feedback or final approval or sign-off from colleagues on a document.
Members can start a review cycle on a document when you are creating a new document or when you're uploading a new version using a panel on the upload page.
You can also start a review on an existing document using the 'Review' section on the document's page (you'll need to have permission to modify the document).
When starting the document review process, choosing either "comment or approval" will send out a notification/email to all assigned members.
You can choose from either a comment or approval style review.
- The comment style will ask the reviewers to provide feedback on the document through comments and indicate when they've finished commenting.
- The approval style asks reviewers to explicitly approve or reject the document, and they can also submit comments.
- (perhaps including why they've rejected and suggesting changes that will make it approvable).
When adding a review, you can select individuals by name using the @mention function to act as reviewers.
You can also specify an optional completion date & write some extra instructions into the details section.
- Reviewers will receive that information as a notification, and be subscribed to future changes to that document.
- The review will appear as a task, shown in their My Tasks page and any tasks panels on their personal dashboard.
- Users can even add a special 'My Document Reviews' dashboard item to highlight these.
In regards to notification reminders, tasks notify the user at the following intervals...
1. Notification & email is sent to the user when the task has been created/assigned to you.
2. Notification & email reminder is sent 7 days prior to the completion date.
3. Notification & email is sent when the task turns into an overdue state.
Note: when we mention receives an email, they’ll only receive an email if their email preferences have been configured to do so...
However, notifications cannot be turned off so they'll always have these alerts/reminders along the top bar in Kahootz.
When looking at the document in Kahootz, everyone will see what reviews/comments have been sent in, and what is still outstanding. The reviewers will see a special panel highlighting the work they need to do. Completed reviews are linked to the relevant version of the document so you can see the difference between who approved version 1, and the current version being version 5.
* All actions are recorded & stored in the audit log, which you can also see this information via the document itself by clicking "activity" and then select the "reviews" tab.
A brief overview of the Document Review Process…
User1 uploads a new document and asks User2 for comments.
User2 gets a notification & email advising User1 has asked for comments.
User2 clicks the email link and adds comments/indicates they’ve finished their review.
User1 gets a notification & email to advise User2 has commented on the document.
User1 reviews the document/comments.
* Every comment or change made to the document going forward is sent to all reviewers.
Different items? The integrated commenting and review works on uploaded documents, but if you want people to review another item (feedback on a database design, or approval of text on a web page), you can always add tasks to any of those items and create your own review tasks.