One of the many ways to customise your Kahootz dashboard is to embed Twitter feeds. This means that you can view feeds of relevant accounts or hashtags without leaving your workspace.
This process requires setting up a "Twitter Widget" on the Twitter.com site and then putting that on your Kahootz dashboard using the Applet dashboard item. You will need:
- Access to a business or personal Twitter account (this can be any account - it doesn't need to be the account you want to display).
- To read and agree to Twitter’s Developer Agreement and Twitter Developer Policy.
- The ability to add Applets to a dashboard. Please note that these may be disabled by policy on sites with higher security settings.
To embed a Twitter feed on your Kahootz dashboard:
First on Twitter
- Log into your Twitter account at twitter.com
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner, and then choose Settings and Privacy.
- On the left-hand menu, click on Widgets.
- Click on the link advised - publish.twitter.com as these are no longer managed through the account settings.
- Enter a web address URL or Twitter tag (for example https://twitter.com/Kahootz or @Kahootz) and press enter.
(Read more on Twitter’s information about embedded widget styles and customisation)
- Select a display option, (we suggest the embedded timeline.)
- Click Set Customisation Options if you wish to make changes to the colour or styling, click either cancel or update.
- Click Copy Code
Then on Kahootz
- Go to the Kahootz Dashboard you want to display the feed on, and click Configure Dashboard in the Actions Menu.
- From the Add New Dashboard Item dropdown, choose Applet and click Add.
- Your new Applet box will appear top left in the Dashboard grid, though you can drag and drop it to a different location.
- Give your new dashboard item a title and paste the code you received from Twitter into the Code box.
- Click Save at the bottom to save your changes to the dashboard
If you want to change the look and feel or content of the feed, there are many options on size and content listed on the Twitter site (see Twitter step 4 above). Any changes to those will update the code link on Twitter which you'll need to re-copy and paste to the Kahootz dashboard to apply those changes.