A blog lets you publish articles within your workspace that can be viewed by other users. A blog can be used to share news, views and opinions on a variety of topics, and articles can be arranged by topic or publish date.
We've seen people use blogs for posting regular informal reports on project progress, posting job offers, sharing the opinions of key staff members and so on.
What you can customise within a blog:
- Various options to control the layout and information shown on the page. This can include formatted text, images and navigational elements such as a calendar month view that will highlight days containing published articles.
- A list of categories to which articles can be assigned to when they are written. These categories can aid navigation through the blog - as when viewing the blog a user can click on a category to show all related articles.
- Control who can add articles to your blog, so, for example, you could create a blog that all workspace members can add articles to or you could have a blog that only managers can update.
To create a blog:
- Under the Actions Menu, click Create a new item.
- Choose to add a Blog.
- The Blog Options section is where you can choose to add a blog description, show a calendars month list of when articles were published and make article categories. These will be shown in the right-hand column of the blog.
- Using the Permissions section, decide who can view and modify the blog, and who can add or modify articles.
- Click Upload.
When adding new articles, the author specifies a title and the contents. They can also provide their own summary which will be shown in the article list. Articles can be added to one or more available categories. Once an article has been written, others can comment on it and those comments are shown when viewing the article.
To add an article:
- Click into the Blog.
- Under the Actions Menu, on the blog page, click Add a new article.
- Fill in the information needed in the Article Details section.
- Choose if you want to notify the members of the workspace about the new article.
- Click Save.