Finding out whether your workspace is Open (accessible to all users), Restricted (users have to be approved), or Private (invite only) is simple!
You can either:
- Click on the Workspace Home, and you'll see a dashboard item/widget section named Workspace Information which contains the workspace privacy.
* Your Workspace may not have the Workspace Information item/widget so please proceed with method 2.
- Click on Manage Workspace "cogwheel icon" and select Workspace Summary from the drop-down menu.
For more detailed information regarding the Open, Restricted, and Private settings, please see below for full details.
- OPEN workspaces are visible to anyone who's already registered of which they can freely join and view the content.
(To be a registered user, people first need to be invited to join a workspace within your Kahootz site)
- RESTRICTED workspaces are visible to anyone who's already registered on the site, they can request access but a manager must first approve the request.
- PRIVATE workspaces can only be seen by users who have already been invited and accepted the invitation to join.
Managers can check whether a workspace is Open, Restricted, or Private by clicking the Cogwheel Icon and selecting Workspace Summary as detailed above.
They can also change this setting via the Manage Workspace cogwheel icon, Settings > Workspace Permissions (step-by-step instructions below if required)
- Click on the Workspace Home.
- Click on the Manage Workspace "cogwheel icon" and select Settings from the drop-down list.
- Under Workspace Settings, you will find a section called Workspace Permissions. with Open, Restricted, and Private.
- The one selected is the current access level set for the workspace.
- To change the access settings select one from the list and click Save.
For more detailed information regarding "how-to" change/modify your Workspace Permissions, please refer to this KB article.
How do I know if my workspace is viewable to the public
To confirm if your workspace is publically accessible, view your Workspace Permissions (as detailed above) which will advise if the Workspace is Public.
Kahootz Tip: Some workspaces can also be Open (accessible to the public) but these requests have to come from the site owner and actioned by Kahootz.
* Raise a ticket to the support team providing them with the workspace name.