A countdown timer is a simple way to keep your users informed of upcoming deadlines or key events.
Kahootz Tip: Read this KB article for tips on adding items using our interactive dashboard builder.
To add a countdown timer onto your dashboard:
- Open the Dashboard.
- Click the 'Configure' cogwheel icon in the top-right corner.
- Click 'Add item' and select 'Countdown Timer' from the drop-down menu.
- Provider a 'Name/title' for your timer.
- Enter your 'End date and time' along with choosing to 'Show seconds' or not.
- Select the 'Colour' for the timer and also the 'Background' colour.
Note: The colours are set so you can create consistent workspace designs. However, if you’re a Kahootz Enterprise client, and have your own branded website, we can set up custom colours for you. Please contact support for more information.
7. Then there are 3 boxes if you would like to add text to your timer/display.
> Content to display above the timer.
> Content to display before the timer expires.
> Content to display after the timer expires.
8. Minimise the pop-up 'Edit panel' window.
9. If created in the wrong section, drag & drop to the correct place.
10. Click 'Save.'
Kahootz Tip: To use a third party countdown timer instead, please review this KB 'applet' article.