The interactive dashboard builder in Kahootz allows you to quickly build dynamic and eye-catching pages within your online workspaces.
You can display buttons, images, carousels and more using the many column patterns available, to further engage users within your workspace.
The builder can be used across the 3 types of dashboards within Kahootz. Each one can be configured differently:
- My 'dashboard' which is also known as the user dashboard.
- Workspace 'dashboard' which is customised by the workspace managers.
- Folder 'dashboard' which can be customised by anyone who has editing permissions.
This KB article will explain how to add and arrange items so you can make your dashboards more appealing.
You can also watch our webinar video on introducing the Kahoot'z interactive dashboard builder, shown below.
Kahootz Tip: This new feature will not impact your current 'dashboard' layout if you've already configured one.
How-To Customise your Dashboard
1. Open the 'dashboard' you wish to customise and click the 'cog wheel' icon on the top right-hand side.
Once you've clicked this, the new builder will now be displayed.
You can now apply one of the many column formats within the same dashboard. For example, you could have 2 columns followed by 4 underneath.
2. To do this, click 'add a new section before this one' and then select an option from the drop-down menu which you can see below.
In this example, I'll select '4' columns:
3. Now click 'add item' and choose the item you want to add from the drop-down menu.
Kahootz Tip: Depending on which dashboard you're configuring, there are a few extra items you can add to the 'my dashboard' area.
To review all available items that can be added to each dashboard, please refer to this KB article.
In this example, I'll select 'button' from the drop-down menu. It will now display the configuration settings on the right-hand side.
4. Add additional details and choose whether you want to link the button or not.
5. When you've finished, click the 'arrow' to minimise the settings panel.
6. Click 'save' and it will take you back to your dashboard view.
Kahootz Tip: You can add as many new sections as required and several of the same item types on any type of dashboard.
How-To Change Column Layouts
From time to time, you may want to change the layout of your dashboard.
To do this:
1. Select the 'cog wheel' located on the left-hand side of each section. Clicking this will display a drop-down menu.
2. Now select the new column layout you wish to apply.
If you want to move an item, simply drag and drop it into a different column.
Kahootz Tip: When dragging an item into a different column, make sure to drop the item above the 'Add Item' button.
If you want to move the whole section up or down, this can be done using the 'arrows' on the left-hand side.
Deleting an Item or Section
Removing an item or section from your dashboard is a straightforward task.
1. First, go to the dashboard you wish to modify and click the 'cog wheel' icon
2. For sections, click on the 'bin' icon (delete this section) on the left-hand side.
3. For items, click on the 'bin' icon (delete item) on the top right-hand side.
4. Click 'Yes' to confirm the deletion.
5. Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.